Saturday, August 2, 2008

The Dollar Store and a little bit of attitude

Well, I was in the dollar store the other day getting a little basket thing to put in Asher's room to organize his toys/cars. Asher is feeling a little independent these days, so I let him walk, but not before I put a monkey "harness" on him so I could keep a tight reign on him. We were in the cleaning isle just looking around when we were "rudely" approached by a lady that asked me "do you believe in thos things?" I'm thinking to myself "no I don't, I just have one on him for the fun of it." I politley held my tounge while she repeated herself again, as if I didn't hear her the first time. I just smiled at her, and we continued on our way. We then saw her again, to which she said again, "do you really believe in those things, because I don't" "NOT AT ALL" I didn't say anything to here, I was getting a little frustrated with her at that point. I just thought that best thing to do at this point was to just walk away. Well, then a little later we finally found what we were looking for and made our way to the front of the store to check out. Well, guess what, we saw her again at the front of the store, and then she just gave me a look and didn't say anything. We just paid for what we bought and then decided to leave. Why do people have to be so rude. I know how to raise my son. She was trying to tell me that I was doing it wrong. Can you believe that?

1 comments:

Jan Bell said...

You don't need permission from strangers to protect your children. You are free to thank people for giving you their unsolicited opinions; but don't feel guilty for doing something that is not harmful to your child, but rather gives them the opportunity for controlled exploration of the world around them. If that bothers some people, it is their problem and not yours. And you're free to tell them that too :-) Love you!!