Sunday, September 21, 2008

Patience isn't something we should pray for it is something that is learned over a period of time.

Well, I am sitting here at the dinning room table and writing this. Why the dinning room you ask, well, even though it is still in the middle of the house and I can still hear what is going on, I feel as though I can think more in this place. I am sitting here while my son is in his high chair eating lunch (yes, I know he is late, but he was asleep while the rest of us were eating our lunch) and looking out the backyard window and talking to me while I write this.
I have learned over the past couple weeks, now more than ever, that patience is not something that comes when you pray for it, or even something that comes when you want it too. I am not the most patient person in the world, I will admit that. I am working on being patient, but one thing that you CANNOT pray for is patience, those of you who have done it, know what I mean, those of you that don't, well....pray for patience and you will see what I mean.
There have been so many things that have gone on in our family over the last couple months that have caused me to come to this conclusion.
Sunday School....I will expound. I was kind of "roped" into doing Sunday School for the 4th,5th, and 6th Graders even when I specifically said "no"!
Asher...God told us to wait on answers for his heath issues even when I wanted to know what was going on right then. (And I still don't know all the answers, and am tryng to deal with that.)
Work.....There was big possibility that I would loose my job due to the hospital stay with Asher. I also have a very difficult boss. Thank Goodness that I could go down to part time, but it is still hard and very trying having to deal with him on a daily basis.
Kids.....I am learning VERY quickly why we only have one now. I don't handle attitudes and "fits" very well, and they happen on a daily basis ALL time around here latley. (those of you that know the situation will know what I am talking about)

Maybe I am just venting or PMSing or something, but I kind of feel a little better having said that, but still would appreciate prayer as I hit these "obstacles" head on.

0 comments: